1. Observance of laws, regulations and the like
We comply with the personal information-related laws, regulations, standards and the like, and realize appropriate handling of personal information.
2. Use of personal information
We collect and use personal information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use set forth below.
When using personal information for any purpose other than those set forth below, we do not execute the use without obtaining prior consent of the customer.
- Sending various written notifications and the like necessary for conducting our businesses, and responding to inquiries or consultations made by customers or sending information or documents concerning it.
- Shipping products or goods ordered by customers, and sending novelties or documents to promote our sales.
- Providing information about our products, goods and services, delivering our mail magazine, and sending a questionnaire.
- Sending information about our publications or exhibitions.
- Survey or research on our development of new products, and survey or analysis on our products, goods and services.
- In association with our employment activity, sending communications or notifications about seminars and selection meetings and responding to inquiries, and performing survey or analysis associated with selection and recruitment activity.
- Performing actions required by law or according to notifications or instructions made by the government authorities.
3. Management and protection of personal information
We comply with the personal information-related laws, regulations, standards and the like, and acquire personal information appropriately and legitimately. In handling personal information, we designate a manager in charge of personal information protection, and endeavor to prevent leakage of and appropriately manage and protect the personal information.
We impose restrictions on the access rights to databases and the like related to personal information, and endeavor to perform appropriate management and protection to prevent unauthorized use even within KOJUNDO.
When outsourcing handling of personal information, we select a contractor to outsource whom we can regard as appropriately handling personal information, and endeavor to perform appropriate management and protection to prevent unauthorized use in the outsource contract. When a customer uses a credit card owned by the customer, information on the credit card is acquired by our credit card payment agency Paygent Co., Ltd., and we do not collect nor store personal information.
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
We neither disclose nor provide personal information to any third parties other than the outsourced contractor without obtaining prior content of the customer, except for cases prescribed in Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws.
5. Disclosure, correction etc. of personal information
When receiving a request from a customer for disclosure, correction or suspension of use of the customer’s personal information, we quickly meet the request after confirming it with the customer. For a customer having any inquiry or complaint regarding our handling of personal information, we are prepared for receiving contact from the customer at the following desk.
Personal Information Management Desk
General Affairs Section
Kojundo Chemical Laboratory Co., Ltd.
5-1-28, Chiyoda, Sakado-shi, Saitama, 350-0284, Japan.
6. Internal management system
7. Security (on this website)
Registered member information is protected by a password to safeguard the customer’s privacy and for security.
On this website, to safeguard the customer’s privacy, Digital ID is adopted and SSL encrypted communication is realized in the “personal information input page”. To use SSL encrypted pages (those of URL starting with https:// ), customers need to set their browsers to enable the use of SSL.
※NOTE: How to set a browser to use SSL is different for different browsers.
8. Access Log
Access logs collected on the sites we operate include domain names, IP addresses, access times and so on. The access logs are used as statistic information for usage status management, maintenance management and the like.
A cookie is a piece of data exchanged between our web server and individual browsers used by customers visiting our web site, which enables identification of the browser used by each of the customers. A web beacon is a tiny graphic file (also referred to as a “clear gif”) embedded on the web site, which enables identifying whether or not or how many times the customer has visited our web site before. These functions are employed in order to make it possible for customers visiting our web site to navigate our web site more conveniently, and the functions have no adverse effect on the customers’ computers.
We may collect information about such as global trends and patterns of viewing behavior of the customers having visited our web site employing those functions. We use the collected information to analyze the trends and patterns and thereby improve our customer services and to provide a new service function. We handle the collected information as confidential information similarly to customers’ personal information.